POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Paraniod : Re: Paraniod Server Time
7 Sep 2024 15:24:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Paraniod
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 3 Jul 2008 18:43:31
Message: <486d5613@news.povray.org>
On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:16:17 +0300, Eero Ahonen wrote:

> Admins need to be people you can trust, because they actually can read
> your files/emails .

I've been saying that for *years*.  I'd get questions every once in a
while from managers wanting to keep their IT people out of files on the
network.  My first question was always "why don't you trust your IT
admins?".

Granted, there are *some* limited cases where this is necessary because
of regulations in some industries.  That's what happens when people who
know nothing about technology create legislation.

Jim